In 2014 and 2015, I was able to spend time working at ITV Channel Television, the regional television station covering the Channel Islands.
I was responsible for:
• Creating a new digital database for case study contacts used by journalists to share information
• Operating studio cameras during the 6 O’Clock regional ITV News programme
• Conducting on-location interviews for the lunchtime news items. (ULAYs)
• Writing presenter links for regional Good Morning Britain opts, and online news articles published on the ITV Channel TV website.
• Ingesting tapes filmed on location by journalists ready for editing
• Shadowing journalists and production specialists during their day-to-day work